Old August 24th 04, 10:25 PM
Kirk Stant

Tony Verhulst wrote in message ...
There is dignity in flying any kind of glider. If
you don't believe that, then you are attempting to
use gliding as a social weapon instead of sport or
recreation.

I completely agree with that. However, do not confuse flying a glider
with training to fly a glider. For the latter there are better gliders
than a 2-33 - and I've got about 300 hours in the back seat of one.

Tony V.

Thanks, Tony, that is exactly the point I was trying to make. I have
time in a lot of Schweitzer gliders - 2-22, 2-33, 2-32, 1-23, 1-26,
and 1-34 - and enjoyed flying all of them. I love the 1-23 and 2-32,
in particular.

But I didn't teach my son to drive in a Model T on dirt roads...

Oops, now that will start another war!

Anyway, all you 2-33 fans, get out there and fly the beasts (as I will
this winter giving rides)! Gotta admit, you can't beat flying around
with the window down and your elbow in the breeze on a hot summer day,
with a sweet young thing sitting there just inches in front...

Kirk