Old October 31st 13, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default A Kid Flying a Duckhawk?

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:25:51 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Out of curiosity, how does one register a duckhawk? The webisite says "All models are sold as basic aircraft. No instruments. No Certificate of Airworthiness." It's not a homebuilt, it's not part 103, it's not imported exhibition and racing... How do you fly this thing legally? John Cochrane

It can be registered simply by having the required bill of sale and application for registration.
What becomes a bit more complex is having the documentation to support the issuance of an airworthiness certificate and associated operating limitations.
Presumably it comes with a manufacturer provided flight manual and maintenance manual. Current Exhibition/Air Racing limitations require inclusion of who is responsible for maintaining the aircraft and many other portions extract information from the manufacturer's documents. When I have licenced glider Ex, the inspector has expected to see the manuals.
It would make me, as a potential buyer, unlikely to consider purchasing a Duckhawk if the manufacturer would not deliver it with an airworthiness certificate.
Another voice heard from
UH