Old September 11th 15, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default The highly successful UK Junior XC program vs. USA's nonexistantJunior XC program. Why?

The big question is why is someone on "the sidelines" required to bring this up? Why is this not the SSAs highest priority already? What are the current leaders really focused on?

Your correct. I'm not involved in the SSA leadership. This is absolutely true. I am simply one person making a point (on RAS) about our lack of a U..S. Jr cross country culture. I say plainly that our Jrs are pattern pilots with almost zero opportunity to learn true soaring like their peers in Europe, Australia and elsewhere. I say that is a shame, an utter failure of leadership and is THE REASON why our sport is on the decline.

He who lives in a glass house (whatever the hell that means). Are you not being a "tad" dramatic? If pointing out our lack of a junior nationals in the US bothers anyone, I do not give a flying crap. Deal with it however you must.

What the SSA does about this failure is entirely up to them. Yep, it probably will result in diddly squat. Most SSA members are focused on only what directly effects them in the next 12 months (contest rules, club politics, ADSB, etc). Leaders must broader vision and stategy. Do we have effective leaders? We shall see.

As for me, fire away all you wish. Yawn.