Old October 17th 03, 02:29 PM
Andreas Maurer

On 16 Oct 2003 14:24:10 GMT, Ray Lovinggood
wrote:

Where should I put turbulator tape on the all-flying
stabilator on my LS-1d? Right now, there is a the
head of a big 'ol hex-head bolt, safety pin, and peg
(to anchor the safety pin) that sticks out in the breeze
on the upper surface of the stabilator.
(This is asked with tongue in cheek)

By the way, when it stalls, just a very quick foreward
movement on the stick gets it going again. No warning
before it stalls.

You probaly cannot get any warning before you stall an all-flying
tail, because you cannot feel the airflow over the tail becoming
turbulent before it separates. Stick forward lowers the AoA
immediately, therefore stopping the stall immediately.

The position of turbulator tape depends on the airfoil - if you know
where the laminar airflow comes turbulent (measured in percent of
airfoil depth), put it a little forward of this point ("a little" will
need some experiments) if you want to gain a little performance - but
I doubt that you will feel any difference.

Bye
Andreas