Old February 15th 10, 08:58 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
John Smith

Default They call it the impossible turn.

On 15.02.10 09:36 Dave Doe wrote:
Hmmm...folks who need to ask for proof that people misjudge their
capability of making the airport on a departure engine failure have not
been watching the fatality stats...

Well... *what are they*? The fatality stats are easy. How about the
non-fatals - the sucess stories.

Cos that's what I'm asking for: the FLWOP on t/o stats - sucessful vs
non-sucessful.

Well... MX is a troll, but he is right when he concludes that the
average pilot is too poorly trained to make a safe 180 after an engine
failure. The accidents are obvious.

If you claim that there have been as many successful 180, then it's up
to *you* to prove that.

It's always fascinating that people are so focused on MX being a troll
that they even refuse to accept his statements when he claims something
that is actually true. I hope your judgement as a pilot is better.