Old June 8th 04, 04:44 AM
tango4

Yes the -1 is a mechanical vario. There is a compensator diaphragm in that
bulge on the back of those varios. I believe that is the TE compensation. I
think that the knob changes the amount of compensation. I had one in my old
LS-1 and it was a beautifully sensitive vario but I didn't have a manual for
it then either so I'm unsure of the connections for it.

Ian

"Todd Pattist" wrote in message
"tango4" wrote:

The Bohli is a very sensitive total energy taught band variometer. Todays
replacement value is around 2100 Euro ( see
http://www.bohli-magnete.ch/pdf/4ins-ve.pdf ) I suspect that you have it
connected incorrectly! Anyone out there have a manual for the Bohli vario
for Todd?

Your interesting link leads me to suspect I have the
68-PVF-2 which is only 830 Euros, rather than the 68-PVF-1
at 2100 Euros. The -1 says it's TE, the -2 doesn't specify,
but looks more like mine (except for the M-ring) and the
price implies it's a more basic instrument. Moreover, I
would have it inadvertently connected *correctly*, not
incorrectly, since I had to remove it from the TE probe it
was originally on. Either way, it definitely has stick
thermals, but it's interesting to know there's a fancier TE
version. Does the -1 version operate mechanically? It
seems to have a knob of some type on it.
Todd Pattist - "WH" Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)