Old May 9th 05, 03:24 AM
Steven Barnes

Oooh. How shameless.... ;-D

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:eHyfe.67700$WI3.22260@attbi_s71...
I am looking for a friendly place to fly in the US when I go on vacation
this year - I have no particular destination in mind albeit I have flown

in
sw Florida, Texas, New England and Arizona. Has anybody got any
recommendations for flight schools that aren't too commercial training
oriented and would welcome a keen limey ppl who only wants to fly for a

bit
of fun and has a sense of humour.

Nigel, I humbly suggest visiting the heartland of America, the Midwest,

and
using our lovely town of Iowa City, Iowa as your "base of operations."

We've got two very friendly flight schools, renting primarily Cessna
products, and we're only 90 minutes from Chicago, Milwaukee, or Oshkosh.
And we're just 60 minutes from Kansas City or St. Louis -- so you can

cover
a very wide swath of America from here.

I also know a pretty nice place to stay while you're here, that gives

pilots
a discount...

;-)
--