Old September 3rd 05, 01:16 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:57:52 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
dhenriques@noware .net wrote in
. net::

Although some mid airs are survivable, and incidents can be easily found
and
quoted, ...

Yep. Here are a couple of mo
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...13X33340&key=1
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...26X00109&key=2

Did you notice that all three I cited are civil/military? In each
case the military pilot survived, and in one case the civil pilot did
too.

I've been reading these reports for years. There's nothing new in them.
There is no doubt an ejection seat will improve a mid air situation, and
some pilots do survive, but in the safety community we don't treat a mid air
as a survivable situation when discussing them in the flight safety context.
What is so difficult to understand about this?
If you wish to quote mid airs where pilots have survived, by all means be my
guest. I'm aware that pilots have survived mid airs. That wasn't my point.
DH