Old June 14th 18, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default LXNav Remote Stick Installation in a ASW 20B

Not an ASW-20, but I mounted a stick grip in my Stemme to control my
ClearNav.Â* The Stemme has a hand brake lever mounted to the stick and
there were no interference issues.Â* It was a simple matter to route the
cable down through the stick and out the hole in the side of the stick
where the push-to-talk wires were routed.Â* Since the remote control on
the stick includes push-to-talk wires, I simply cut the wires to the
original PTT button at the top of the stick and used those two wires to
pull the ClearNav wires down through the stick.Â* I then routed the new
wires along the same path as the old wires, cutting the old zip ties to
release the old wires and adding new zip ties in their place to secure
the new wires.

It was really simple in my ship.Â* Yours may be different, but a quick
look should give you the answers you need.

Good luck!

On 6/14/2018 2:40 PM, Deming Gray wrote:
Hello,

I wish to install an LXNav remote stick in my ASW 20B to work with my LXNav 8000 flight computer. I would like to know if anyone in this group has experience with a remote stick in an ASW 20 or any AS glider. I would like to ask about their impressions of the remote stick's use and installation. Specifically, on installation, my ASW20 has a trim trigger mounted on the stick and I want to know if this trim trigger will create a problem during installation. Also, are there any issues with routing the remote stick's wiring through the hollow joystick? If any of you have any insight or experience with remote stick installation and use I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Deming

--
Dan, 5J