Old June 15th 18, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default How to make a .cub TFR airspace file

With a firefighting TFR near Parowan and Nephi, received two requests for TFR files today so it's time to update a previous post.
Jim

How to make a .CUB TFR airspace file for LX9000, SYM, etc.

*Get the TFR file in Open Air format (.TXT). Save it as TFR.txt.

At this point you have a TFR file you can load into ClearNav or anything that will display .TXT files.
Now to make it into a binary file:

Open SeeYou on your computer.

Tools/Airspace.
Uncheck everything in the Loaded Files section.
Add TFR.txt. Check it.
OK.

File/SeeYou Mobile Wizard.
Uncheck everything but airspace.
Type TFR in the Files Basename box.
If not already selected, click Copy To My Computer.
Browse for the USB stick or wherever you want to store it.
Next.
Select the area you want for the TFR file on the map.
Next.
It will save the CUB file.

Load that into LX90x0, LX8000 from USB or WiFi. For SeeYou Mobile, connect the Oudie and run the wizard using "Copy To Oudie".

* I use Lynn Alley's website soaringdata.info. Select a large enough radius around a central point for your database. I prefer not adding additional airspace, but load the current airspace into nav displays as separate files.