Old June 15th 18, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default LXNav Remote Stick Installation in a ASW 20B

Caveats: I've only installed one LX stick grip, in an LS. Only flown with one, in a JS.

I'd cut the stick grip down so the bottom is above the trigger. Doubt you'll miss it.
Something else to consider when installing a stick remote is the panel layout. The remote control head will hide instruments. As the ASW20 is EXP, you could trim a few cm off the top of the stick and the grip even more so that the top of the remote about the same height as the top of the current stick and the bottom clears the trigger.
Or if you're able, cut a notch in the front of the LX grip like Rex did with one ClearNav grip for me.
If you can fit it, using heat shrink or "spaghetti" (can't find a package with the trade name) is great for protection. The plastic split loom probably won't fit.
Set screw problems such as Roy mentioned can be fixed using shorter screws.
Jim