Old February 20th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Transfer of IGC log for contest scoring

Hi Paul,

No doubt, the new EW logger looks like a great bit of kit, and will be
convenient for most of the poeple most of the time. Just depends on
how you use and download a logger. I have been at contests where the
scorer was real busy, so we just dropped off the SD card. With an EW,
you would have to wait around a little longer. In 99% of the times,
probably not an issue.

I just wish you could leave it installed in the glider and download
into a PDA/SD card. One less thing to take out and replace - not
always easy to do in some gliders, especially if it's buried and the
antenna connector is hard to get to. But that is entirely due to how
my glider is setup and obviously does not mean the EW Micro logger
isn't the perfect device for someone else. In particular, it seems
like a perfect club logger.

It's nice to have a choice of options - I think all loggers should
allow the option of downloading to a PDA, transferring via USB, or
transferring TO a USB thumb drive or SD via reader. And only cost
$99.95, of course!

Cheers,

Kirk