Old January 7th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Moderating r.a.p and r.a.s. Was: Absolute lowest altitude you can fly (legally)

Aluckyguess writes:

The garmin 530 is just like the one I use in the Barron.

If you use the Dreamfleet Baron 58 add-on for MSFS 2004, the GPS 530
in the simulator is rigorously identical to the real thing. You can
literally go from the sim to the real aircraft and operate the GPS
without any transition.

The default GPS provided by MSFS is different in a fair number of
details, although the FS 2004 version is very much like the real
thing, unlike the largely abstract GPS of FS 2002, which corresponded
to no real-world unit, as far as I know.