Old May 2nd 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Nevada governor to bill Fossett widow for search expenses

Kloudy via AviationKB.com writes:

Jeez. Ain't it enough she lost her husband?
Worse than that, she'll probably never know how,when or why without closure.
In my experience that sets folks up for some special kinda suffering.

There's still the matter of the greater good. The state went overboard
looking for him, and that was very expensive. It's true that they should have
probably asked for her consent if they planned to charge her for it.

Sure Fossett was wealthy but is my wife gonna get a bill for SAR if I bail in
the hills?

If it costs millions of dollars, maybe.

Joe Bob don't like it...nope not one little bit.

Be safe and nobody will have to search for you.