Old December 10th 05, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default contact info for Dave Ellis

Frank Whiteley wrote:
There are plenty of dead phone numbers in there, cell
offerings being what they are these days.

The problem is bigger than that. When I gave the SSA a phone
number 20 years ago, it didn't occur to me that it would show
up on something called the 'internet' way in the future. It's
been a bad number for at least 15 years, and I see others just
like that in the locater database.

On the upside, you should be able to update your personal data sometime
in 2006, all being well.

Which won't do anything about the SSA members who never go to the site,
or who wouldn't know to check their contact info. If the numbers
are going to be published, seems like there ought to be some better
mechanism to keep them updated.

-Dave