Old June 29th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K Smith

Default Getting back to gliding

I haven't flown since 1993, and am now a diabetic who gained a large amount
of weight. I have finally gotten off my lazy butt and decided to drop the
weight and get back in a sailplane. I hope to be back in shape by this
winter sometime. What I need to know is if the medical requirements have
changed since the early 90's. I don't take insulin and have no other
problems caused by diabetes and should be good to go medically. I know that
to regian my power privlages I would have to jump through a bunch of
government hoops, but it did not used to be this way for soaring.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
K Smith
Tennessee