Old April 21st 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Crossfield's plane wreckage found

The crash occurred about 25 miles from my office, and happened around
lunchtime.

I was outside just before the line of huge storms moved through, and can
tell you that it was no place for a GA aircraft to be flying. There was a
50 mile x 25 mile area of solid red on the weather channel's radar, and
golfball sized hail was reported. I'd guess that weather was a big factor
in the crash.

I'm surprised that someone of Crossfield's experience and talent would have
been anywhere near a mess that.

A very sad day for the aviation community and for Mr. Crossfield's family
and friends. A true avaition great is gone.

KB

"gwengler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's the flight path:

http://map3.flightaware.com/flight_t...ime=1145470080

(I know it's awfully long but makeashorterlink didn't work)

I'm not sure if the weather shown is actual but it looks he flew right
into a cell. Damn!

Gerd