Old April 21st 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Crossfield's plane wreckage found

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
news
The crash occurred about 25 miles from my office, and happened around
lunchtime.

I was outside just before the line of huge storms moved through, and can
tell you that it was no place for a GA aircraft to be flying. There was a
50 mile x 25 mile area of solid red on the weather channel's radar, and
golfball sized hail was reported. I'd guess that weather was a big factor
in the crash.

I'm surprised that someone of Crossfield's experience and talent would
have been anywhere near a mess that.

Based on the almost straight flight path from takeoff to impact, and it's
reference to the weather line just to the left of the flight path, I'll be
interested in seeing the results of the post mortem examination on his body.
Dudley Henriques