Old February 7th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default KX170B replacement options

Ya know, it's interesting all the opinions, heated and otherwise, that
you read here...
Yup, I agree that the TKM knobs are not idiot proof.. It requires a
good 60 seconds of reading the manual to figger em out...
To repeat, I replaced my electromechanical radios with TKM slide ins
from Eastern Avionics... Been perfectly happy... And, even at my
advanced age I can remember from one flight to the next how to tune
em... And it cost me 10% of hanging a new set of Garmins... Happy
about that too...

denny