Old October 26th 04, 08:34 AM
tango4

Except two strokes perhaps.Point taken though.

The only problem is that you need to be able to turn cabin heat off and on
so that would involve high pressure, high reliability valves, two expensive
radiators and high pressure tubing. Perhaps a closed circuit heat exchanger
to a water filled system would work. Now you've added perhaps 3 - 4 kg of
radiator and tubing plus another 4 or 5 litres of water. Hmm, one can see
why the exhaust muff got in there in the first place.

Ian

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message

"John Sinclair" wrote in message
I see the Carat comes with cabin heat. These systems
typically send engine exhaust through a heat exchanger
that heats the cabin air. A crack or leak in this system
can result in exhaust fumes in the cockpit. I would
expect the cabin heat to be in use on this wave flight.
This scenario would square with the apparent total
loss of control while still under full power. Food
for thought.

This is a beautiful sport, but not without its dangers.
My condolences to Alan Pratt's family and friends.
JJ Sinclair

Heating a cockpit with an exhaust muff is one of the dumbest ideas in the
history of aviation. All recips can benefit from an oil cooler so why not
heat the cabin with hot oil?

Bill Daniels