Old September 2nd 05, 07:10 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

"xerj" writes:

The site is down at the moment, but if I'm understanding it correctly, do
these guys actually penetrate hurricanes in P3s and Gulfstreams?

Do they go IMC flying into hurricane cloud???

If so, how the hell are they not constantly stalling as they are buffetted
by the turbulence? I'm pretty sure that they'd slow down to maneuvering
speed, and I'd assume that there'd be moments when windshear would be
drastic

How the hell are these flights even technically possible??

Fascinating article on a semi-accidental penetration of Hugo in a
WP-3D (the accident was they didn't notice the storm had been
upgraded, and they probably wouldn't have chosen to make the
penetration given the actual state of the storm). With pictures.

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/hugo1.asp