Old November 24th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stewart Kissel

Default Cambridge 302A/303/SNav question

At 22:00 24 November 2006, Roy Clark, B6 wrote:
Have Cambridge Model 20, upgraded GPS-NAV and L-NAV,
not trying for World Records, but badges and competition
-
what suggestions for PDA and software?

Back in the twentieh century...for our winter solstice
question we could bat around the value of 2-33's.

The twenty-first century has introduced this question
as our way to pass the winter...hardware and software
combinations, plus cable and software analysis programs.
A PhD dissertation would be possible on this subject
I think

Would you like free, low-price or high price? Likewise
do you prefer more complex over more simple?

I prefer cheap and simple...so I have a SNAV/GPSNAV,
Compaq Aero 1530 and GNII. The Aero has long been
out of production, occasionally they pop up on eBay.
I purchased a second one as a backup. I will live
the B+W screen vs color to others to analyze.

A soaring friend of mine made a sage comment when comparing
systems...'Even if identical systems, no two pilots
have them set up the same...so one is always comparing
apples to oranges'.

Paul Remde's site is invaluable for looking over combinations
and deciphering information.