Old May 26th 15, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Oil for Solo 2350

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 3:16:45 PM UTC-4, MNLou wrote:
To all you Solo 2350 owners -

What make/brand 2 cycle oil do you mix with your 100LL gas?

Thanks in advance -

Lou

Yamalube 2R. Easily bought in motorcycle/snowmobile shops. It suspends indefinitely in 100LL. I can no longer remember the post link, but do vividly recall the photograph of results after 2 years on the shelf. Several motor oils were mixed with fuel in clear glass jars. The yamalube 2R remained suspended while the others did not. I've been using it for the past seven+ years in my self launching Ventus with a solo engine. Never a problem. I never worry about using a mixture of this oil and 100LL even if it has been in storage for quite a while. I wouldn't use anything else.