Old March 17th 05, 04:51 AM
Jay Beckman

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
news:Sv3_d.6088$uk7.4361@fed1read01...

I'm curious about something from the "4PA" incident...

The article mentions that there were five aircraft ostensibly travelling
together along the same route, right?

What if the lead aircraft (if there was one...) had mentioned to the
controller that they were a "flight of five" from the Pan Am Academy?
Might that have made a lightbulb go off in the controllers head that
"these five probably have similar call signs." ??

The only reason I ask is that we have a lot of Embry Riddle planes in AZ
and they all end in ER which I could see causing a similar set of
circumstances...

Just wondering out loud...

A flight is treated as one aircraft and operates under a single call sign.

Thanks. I kinda figured my theory had holes in it.

Jay B