Old August 16th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

Default NTSB Factual Walton Crash

In article om,
says...

After reading the report myself I have two questions:

1) What caused the crash?

Officially the probable cause has not been determined by the NTSB at this time
..This report is about the facts that were discovered during the course of the
investigation. The last report will be the Probable Cause determination which
may or may not cite a probable cause..
I think the cause of the crash was a combination of factors as most crashes are.
I suspect the missing gap cover and the incorrectly assembled control stick
coupled with a possible forward CG are most suspect to me.. But it's just my
opinion.

2) Given the 20 gallon fuel capacity of the plane, why does the
following
statment refer to 10 gallons, rather than 5?

"The airplane was not eligible for certification in the ultralight
category
due to a fuel capacity of greater than 10 gallons. "

If it were a legal 2 seat airplane operating under the Ultralight training
exemption he could have 10 gallons of fuel. Single seat Ultralights are limited
to 5 gallons. There is no such thing as a 2 seat Ultralight.

Actually it was an unregistered Amature built airplane . I hope this helps.

See ya

Chuck S