Old May 23rd 04, 05:26 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Sun, 23 May 2004 12:38:38 +0200, "Emmanuel Gustin"
wrote:

"Anne" wrote in message

Can you tell what ever happened to nice americans?

Curiously enough, although I have travelled several times
to the USA recently, I still have to meet face-to-face the
first American who admits to approving of the actions of
this particular US government. Everyone who talked about
politics at all, voiced a strong dislike of George W. Bush.
I don't know whether this is out of courtesy or because
most of the people I met (east coast, scientific or technical
education, frequently travelling abroad) are a natural
Democratic constituency.

Maybe those not-so-nice neo-Conservatives are computer
simulations... :-)

You need to broaden your circle of friends. Go back to the 2000
elections and check the "red states and blue states". Visit some of
the 40 red states of what we like to call "the Heartland" of America.

Avoid E. Coast universities, upscale big city yuppie neighborhoods and
welfare-dependent inner city areas. Meet farmers, business owners,
entrepreneurs, managers, supervisors, and military folks (particularly
seek out some Vietnam vets like officers or ex-POWs).

Maybe even avoid anecdotal evidence gathering completely and check
some scientific polling by folks (not necessarily known for being
sympathetic to Republicans) like Zogby, Roper, Gallup, et. al.

The President still holds a greater than 60% approval rating and is
still shown as being ahead of his potential election opponent in most
of the polls.

There are a lot of real nice Americans left and they aren't
simulations.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"