Old March 3rd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default New Jet to Seek Turbulence

Yeah. That was a pretty scary program. When the weather was just right, they
were running two high mach flights a day into some of the worst conditions
you could imagine. Sometimes he'd fry the wicks clean off the bird.
Sometimes in the heavy stuff, he'd get St. Elmo's in an exact trace of the
panel shield and all over his suit. The canopy took it on a few occasions.
Some guys have ALL the fun!!!
:-))
Dudley

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
I've seen some video of those flights, the canopy looked
like a CD in a microwave.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
message
nk.net...
| This is nice work if you can get it.
| Had a good buddy some time back pushing a NASA F106 out of
Wallops NAS
| seeking out and researching lightning strikes; call sign
"Sparky"
| :-)
| Dudley Henriques
|
| "Skywise" wrote in message
| I thought the mountian pilots might find story this
interesting.

http://www.livescience.com/forcesofn...whirlwind.html

| Brian
| --