Old November 19th 20, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 05:46:44 -0800, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

That is about 19% of the total world wide deaths!

That's about right (current figures on Worldometers) shows US deaths at
19% of world total:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

The only caveat I'd add is that the Indian deaths/million figure is
surprisingly low, quite possibly due to delays in collating COVID
statistics. The time it took to count votes in the most recent Indian
elections makes the recent US Presidential election look blindingly fast
by comparison and the Indian data collection procedures for both COVID
and election are probably quite similar.

Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org