Old February 1st 18, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default radio diagnosis

On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 9:29:49 AM UTC-8, wrote:
We have to gliders at our club with similar radio problems. Neither have the same setup/hardware.

Both can receive fine. When you press the Push To Talk button other radios hear the click, but no voice.

So what can we learn from this?

I don't know if this is more likely a microphone problem, a transmitter problem, could be the PTT button too, etc?

I didn't have a voltmeter to verify that the battery was strong enough, but can do that next time.

what should our next step be?

Chris

Not enough information.

Did they work and then stop, or does the problem exist since a recent installation?
What are the radios?
What are the microphones?
To which pins are they wired?

As a start, check the wiring harness in each for correct wiring to the pins for the type of microphone used, and check the radio setup for the selected microphone.

Jim