Old August 15th 18, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Flying with Parachutes

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote on 8/15/2018 10:54 AM:
I have been in a few violent automotive accidents, airbag never deployed, but belt worked as they should.
Ifmairbags were so great, name a SINGLE automotive racing,application where they are mandated!
A single one.

Irrelevant question for most race cars, because the vehicles are so different:
race car drivers are belted in far more securely than occupants of a passenger
car, and the seats provide much more support. An airbag has nothing to offer in
that situation.

You might as well ask "if cup holders are so great, why don't race cars have them?"