Old September 28th 18, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Uncontrolled Loops Elevator failure

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 12:04:10 PM UTC-7, AS wrote:

...is there a possibility that the engine assembly pushes down onto the elevator control rod when subjected to high g-loads?

I am curious about that as well. My worry is that there might be some subtle and unanticipated failure mode that brings the engine support system into conflict with the elevator system. But I am not familiar enough with the gliders of concern to know. Clearly the factory considers them safe.

--Bob K.