Old February 25th 20, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

Default Andy McQuigg

On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 8:42:03 PM UTC-5, Christopher Schrader wrote:
I'm sad to hear of his passing... Andy used to love to talk about his experiences soaring in Florida with me and I remember he had nothing good to say about the Ionia Curse or the lake effect that can kill things at HHSC sometimes... but he loved soaring or being a CD there anyways. He took me to lunch on more than one occasion and tried his darnedest to get me to buy an LS-3 from him, if only I had money at the time. He didn't mind I was 27 and broke for all practical purposes and in no position to buy a glider from him. Glad to say I knew him.

- CN Pilot Mostly

One of Andy's jokes;

He flew around the world for Evergreen in 747's

He would say the women were beautiful in Thailand. He had other things to say about US women... Then, to the US, i.e., Alaska.... As he's sitting in a bar in Alaska, he wants to give his date a compliment. So, being the gentleman that Andy was, he says to his date; NICE TOOTH!