Old January 1st 05, 06:24 AM
tony roberts

Hi Terry

An experienced pilot with a first time 11 year old flyer? That is a
real tragedy. My condolences to all involved.
At face value, a VFR pilot taking off in less than 1 mile viz? I have to
ask why. But did it really happen that way? I see already responses that
suggest maybe that wasn't the case.

I hope that this doesn't turn into another trial by usenet. A lot of
people are hurting right now - we should wait for the NTSB reports.

Meanwhile, my thoughts are with all those that knew the victims. It's
always sad to lose someone, but at this time of year it seems even worse.

Just remember her as a good pilot who was doing a favour for a kid - and
it went tragically wrong.

Bet wishes

Tony
--