Old November 5th 04, 01:15 PM
SelwayKid

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message ...
I may have to go to the Regina, SK, CA/Minnesota area this winter for 2
months.

First Is Snow How Deep Before Ski's Are Needed? Ware to obtain ski's for a
cessna 150?

Best Type of Oil Heater?

Should One Use a Cowl Warmer?

I Notice in the manual something about a winterization Kit Can I
install/uninstall it my self? Can you still buy the winterization kit? If so
ware is the best place to buy?

Any Tips For Landing on Ice And Snow!

Aside from the many good hints/tips you are getting, here are few
more. Make sure you are either wearing on have on board, WARM clothes
in the event of an engine failure and you end up freezing to death
while waiting for help!
When you taxi, the brake rotors will heat up and any blowing snow that
hits them will melt. When you do your run up, the brakes may freeze
and you can have a problem getting them unstuck. Same can happen when
you take off. when you touch down again, anticipate a lurch as one
wheel breaks lose before the other. May nothappen but I saw if often
enough in Canada and Norther Minnesota. The only time I ever saw a
C-150 leave a contrail was in GPZ in the pattern! OAT was about 0f.
Getting some preheat into the cockpit will help the windscreen defrost
and more importantly will warm the gyros and instruments so they will
not bind and cause premature wear and tear or total malfunction.
Ol Shy & Bashful

Any Extra Pre-Flight Inspections Needed For Extreme Cold Weather

Any other useful tips for that type of flying gladly accepted.