Old February 18th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Australian Air Safari ??

Tri-Pacer wrote:
Has anyone any knowledge of an "Australian Air Safari" where pilots and
their families rent light aircraft and go on a guided tour around the
country?

As I understand it, several planes are led from place to place by a local
guide.

I had heard about this several years ago. Supposedly, the company arranges
for checkout and local certification, arranges the tour, etc.

Any info would be appreciated. Google turned up lots of charter operations,
but no self piloted tours.

I mentioned this to my wife and she said "Let's go!!!"

Cheers:

Paul

Sadly, they are out of business. We went on one of the tours last
summer and it was the best time we've ever had. LOTS of flying, lots of
fun, great folks. Too bad they are gone.

Margy