Old October 16th 16, 10:07 PM
bobanja bobanja is offline
Junior Member

Long time listener, first time caller...

Looks like I'm in the same situation as John 37. I'm returning to the sport after many years (since about 2000) and kind of wondering which ship to buy. I owned a Libelle 201 previously and put about 450hr on her. The obvious choices are something like a Discus, ASW-24, or an LS. I really don't have a limit on how much I can spend, but a $50K-$60K (US) budget seems reasonable. Except for casual club racing, I have no desire whatsoever to race (20+ years sailboat racing, I done), so having the latest and greatest ship really isn't a huge priority. I'll being using the plane just for X-counrty and pleasure flying in the western US (California/Nevada) and I'll probably fly about 50hr/year.

So other then the obvious choices, I'm a little curious about the LAK and the HpH ships, which really were not around when I left the sport. Anyone care to tell me the pros/cons of buying a LAK or HpH or other? How would you spend $50K-$60K if you were looking to buy?