Old July 22nd 03, 04:26 PM
Peter Duniho

"J. Hansen" wrote in message
om...
There is something close. In NTSB order (EA-4791), a private pilot

transported
a mechanic for a medical air transportation service to repair one of their
stranded helicopters.

Yes, I read about that in AOPA Pilot (if it's the same one I recall). It's
not a relevant example though, because what tripped the pilot up was the
"for hire" clause, not the "for compensation" clause.

Also, you do note that in the end, the pilot was absolved, in a rare NTSB
reversal. So the case is more an example of how the FAA can make your life
miserable, and less an example of what the rules actually mean.

Pete