Old August 24th 10, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default 12 volt input chargers

On 8/23/2010 5:04 PM, SoaringXCellence wrote:
I have a Triton (first generation) multi-mode charger that will charge
NiCad, NiMH, LiPoly and SLA. It will cycle and record capacity and
both the charge and discharge rates can be adjusted.

In the US it is distributed by Great Planes hobby company. Their
products are carried in most hobby shops. The URL for the most
current version, Triton2 is he

http://www.electrifly.com/chargers/gpmm3153.html

This looks like a better choice to me than the Multiplex, based on it's
20 watt/1.6 amp@12volt discharge capability. The only quibble so far
seems to be the 90 ma shut-off point is rather low for my 18 and 36 ah
batteries, but the shut-off timer might be adequate instead.

Do you know what voltage it uses to charge a 12 volt battery? The manual
didn't seem to specify the voltage.

--

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz