Old December 15th 12, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Lowering cockpit RF interference

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:24:28 -0800, Eric Greenwell wrote:

Most electrical noise problems come from specific problems in the
installation, and can be tough to track down. Ferrites can be an easy
fix sometimes; shielded wiring isn't so easy to install, and it's often
hard for even an experienced EE or technician to know exactly which
cable(s) is the problem and should be replaced.

The only electrical noise problem I've had was when I installed a 28v T&B
which was powered of the glider's 12v supply with a solid state 12v-28v
DC-DC converter. The solution was to put an electrolytic capacitor across
the 12V supply to the converter. This was a specialized noise cancelling
capacitor and IIRC it is 150 uF with a 1.5A transient current capacity.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK