Old September 3rd 03, 07:00 AM
Corrie

alexy wrote in message . ..
(Shin Gou) wrote:

I just can't fly a USED certified plane in...........China. I am from
China and work in DC now. China prohibits imports of used planes and
cars(reason? I wish I could read the government's mind. But sometimes
they are very simple, maybe just to save face.) All airspace is dual
controlled from the ground by civilian regulator and the military.
Flying a Cessna 172 or so is extremely hassle and expensive. But the
tricky thing is there's no rule upon kit or plan-built planes. Maybe
the government never thought its people would build airplanes. So if I
keep a low profile, I can fly such a plane without filing and paying a
flight plan up to one week ahead, paying for each t/o and landing,
paying for the use of airspace, paying for ATC........etc etc.

So the rules don't anticipate homebuilts? What response do you expect
when you show up on the radar screens without a flight plan filed, if
that is normal for all domestic traffic?

I'd guess that he's expecting to stay in ground clutter, given that
he's puttering about in the foothills of the Himalayas. Not sure what
the radar coverage is there, if any. Maybe the Chinese are worried
about the Dali Lama's air force, maybe not. A fabric-covered tube
fuselage and wooden wing are mostly transparent to radar, aren't they?
Ehh, forgot about the aluminum dope. Big sky, small target...