Old February 25th 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob McKellar

Default Blanik hull insurance

"Steve Leonard" wrote in message

On Monday, February 25, 2013 11:17:15 AM UTC-6, Bob McKellar wrote:
If your grounded Blanik is insured for storage only, and a tree falls on
it,
what kind of value would the insurance company use? Would it be the market
value pre grounding or the current scrap value?

Is this a trick question, like "If a tree fell on a mime, would anyone
care?"

No, it's a real question, although the only Blanik I see regularly IS parked
next to a tree line...
It has just dawned on me that the annual hull (non flying) insurance premium
on an old Blanik is about the same as the actual current market value
The stated value in the policy is based on ancient history and is a
significant hunk of money.
I would think the insurance companies would be getting a mite nervous, give
the low price of chainsaws these days.

Bob