Old January 29th 09, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

Default Short Wings Gliders

First off I still am relatively new to saoring, and probably won't be
competeing in any organized contests in 2009, but reading all the
recent post regarding competitions has me interested.

I think we really do need a place for people who do not have the
latest and greatest carbon ship to compete. I think the idea for the
sports class is good, BUT there is no decent way I can compete in my
Ka-6 with someone in a Ventus 2. My fear is that creating a 13.5m
class will leave a lot of older gliders (read affordable) out in the
cold. Maybe splitting Sports (or at least scoring it as 2 groups)
would allow us to have more people compete in older gliders.

Pete