Old October 10th 04, 07:26 PM
David CL Francis

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 at 06:21:28 in message
, Rick Durden
wrote:
If you want a good flying movie, go find a copy of "633 Squadron",
which is technically the most accurate flying movie ever made (plot is
a little shakey, although it's based on fact), the uniforms, vehicles
and aircraft are 100% accurate (according to folks who know that sort
of thing) and the scenes of the Merlin powered D.H. Mosquitoes flying
are excellent. The only downside is that they destroyed a Mossie
filming the movie. Another flying movie that is better than "Top Gun"
is "Battle of Britain" which has some extraordinary flight sequences
using WWII aircraft (even though all the German airplanes have Merlin
engines by the time they filmed it, about 1968).

The German 109s were the Spanish version and the Spanish loaned quite a
hunk of their Air Force for it!

I agree about ' Battle of Britain' I just watched it again and it is
good. Some of the crash sequences looked faked because they _are_, when
the rest of the some flight looks real.

As I recall 'Catch 22' had some good flying in it as well - I believe 19
real B25s were flown in that.
--
David CL Francis