Old May 20th 05, 08:17 PM
Simon

I've visited plenty of these stores (in as much as that is possible in
Switzerland!) but all the new wheels I've found have plastic hubs - I'm
looking for rmetal. I found one used metal one - with a hard rubber tyre
but no maker's mark - which is doing fine so far.

Plastic didn't last a season last year

wrote in message
oups.com...
Or just go to any large sports store, and look in the rollerblade
section. They will have a variety of replacement wheels, bearings,
axles for sale. I went for the biggest rollerblade wheel I could find,
and the hardest (it is designed for street hockey, I think). The ones
I got came with nice sealed bearings and screw-in axles, all I had to
do was open up the axle bolt holes in my tailskid (just enough to
remove the threads) and the new wheel fit perfectly after I cobbled up
a couple of small bushings.

These wheels lasted several seasons in the desert with little damage -
while the previous softer rollerblade wheels I used "chunked" pretty
badly after one season.

Plus they are a nice orange color that matches the hi-vis trim on my
glider!

66