Old September 3rd 05, 02:05 AM
john smith

Dudley Henriques wrote:
I've been reading these reports for years. There's nothing new in them.
There is no doubt an ejection seat will improve a mid air situation, and
some pilots do survive, but in the safety community we don't treat a mid air
as a survivable situation when discussing them in the flight safety context.
What is so difficult to understand about this?
If you wish to quote mid airs where pilots have survived, by all means be my
guest. I'm aware that pilots have survived mid airs. That wasn't my point.
DH

What was the movie with the T-33?
The pilot told his back seat pax tha if he saw he was going to have a
mid-air, he would position his aircraft so the belly was against the
other aircraft.
The pax asked why and the response was "So I can still eject."