Old May 26th 19, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Implausible Time Records

Adding anecdotal evidence to the startup idea... I had my first-ever "implausible time record" failure on my ClearNav two weeks ago. It was an unusual flight, as I realized after takeoff that I didn't have the right databases loaded (turnpoints and airspace) since I was flying "off the map" from our typical task area (it was a really good day). About 45 minutes into the flight I went to load the full US Airspace file, and the ClearNav locked up. I power cycled it and it cleared everything, but a few minutes after the approximate point of the power cycle I got the implausible time record. I did get another one later in the flight as well, but all flights before and since have been fine.

P3