Old February 28th 04, 07:47 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
link.net...
Great story! If a KA90 costs $900/hr to operate, I wonder how these

guys
are chartering one for $775?
http://www.fargojet.com/charter_kingair-c90.htm

It depends on the age of the plane and how you amortize the cost. Actual
operating cost of a King Air C90 is about $1/mile, or less than $300/hour.
If your King Air does not fly much, you have to spread fixed costs like
insurance, annual inspections, and interest over fewer hours, meaning a
higher cost per hour. So the cost per hour for a charter company may well

be
lower than that of a less frequently used corporate plane.

Direct costs (not actual) is fuel, maintenance reserves, lubricants...

Then hourly allocated costs are insurance, depreciation, hanger, training,
updates/upgrades, pilots fees (only if applicable)...

I doubt the C90 has a direct cost of $1.00 a mile.