Old December 1st 04, 03:37 AM
David R Townend

Gee, thanks

--

David R Townend

www.aerofile.ca

"Bob Babcock" wrote in message
om...
Join the EAA and request thier list of technical books. It is
extensive and will include many books pertinent to all phases and
types of construction.

I am a book nut and the 4 book series by Tony Bingelis is required as
well as Ron's book on Kitplanes. If you are new to building buy these
books, period. The EAA book series on specific construction methods
such as Wooden Airplane Construction and Aircraft Welding are also
excellent if they apply to your project. The EAA book on Sportplane
Construction Techniques describes the building of an Acro Sport
biplane and is great for a traditional steel tube/ wood wing project.
I understand Mr Pazmany's books on metal construction are superb.

An out of print book often found on Amazon is Wooden Aircraft
Construction by Ruth Spencer. It is part of an old TAB books series
on homebuilding. Peter Bowers book on Homebuilt Aircraft from the
same series is a bit dated but anything Bowers wrote is worth reading.
A very practical and sensible approach mirrored in his Flybaby.

Richard Finch's books on welding are invaluable particularly
Performance Welding or the Welders Handbook. I also highly recommend
the EAA CD disc series of all the Sport Aviation magazines published
if the price doesn't scare you. The early magazines, from the distant
past pre-litigation world, are a tremendous resource.