Old January 20th 10, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
jkochko68

Default QF-14

We can't secure F-14 Tomcats on a military base? I'm sure its not that
simple but to scrap a Mach 2+?
aircraft seems kind of dumb. Why not turn them into very high
performance cruise missiles or piloted
UCAVs for very high risk missions? I just see it as a waste of a great
aircraft.

JK

Why did not the US turn the F14 into QF14 drones rather than just cut
them up? How many F14's are left in the bone yard?

I see there are plans for QF-16's when the F4 supply runs low.

bob

*Too much chance of Iran getting hold of some parts...