Old November 19th 03, 02:27 PM

Aaron Coolidge wrote:

: John, Cory, try this:
: Take the displays out. Burnish the silver contacts on the displays.
: I used a pencil eraser. Note that the contacts are not gold, if they
: were they would not tarnish. Put a bead of dielectric grease on the
: display's contacts. This will create a gas-tight contact, and keep
: the condensation from bleeding off the +150V used to light the
: displays. Put the displays back in.

I'll give that a try. I wasn't really excited about taking it
apart too much, since it works fine 95% of the time. Of course the 5% of
the time it doesn't work is before it dries out on a nice, humid, damp IFR
day when having a 2nd nav shortly after takeoff would be nice...

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *